1.15.2012

Stoats!

Pin It
Have you ever had steel cut oats? If not, May I suggest that you scoochy your little bum off to the store this morning and pick some up.

It looks uncannily similar to hamster food, but tastes much better.

Come to think of it,  I'm not certain I can lay that claim. I've had hampsters in the past ('Snowball' whom met his demise the day my 2 little brothers decided to play catch with him, and another many years later entitled 'Funch-tree' by the lovely 4 year old Miss M) however, it never occurred to me to munch their food. I suppose we'll just have to be content with a guess on this one.

Moral of this story:
Oats taste better than hampster food.

Uncooked Stoats!

Sweets calls them Stoats! Not a fan of oatmeal generally, he absolutely loves these. Sometimes regular oatmeal can be downright smooshy, but these are a little bit chewy, with a nice firm bite and a nutty texture.

Here's how we've been eating our Stoats! lately: 


GLORIOUS.

CINNAMON. GROUND FLAX SEED. BLUEBERRIES. WALNUTS. REAL MAPLE SYRUP.
AND......
COCONUT MILK (my new lover)

 Yup, that's what we do. You should to it too.

If you've never made Stoats! before, never fear. It's easy.
You will want to use 3 parts water to 1 part Stoats! Bring water to boil in small sauce pan with a pinch of salt. Add Stoats! reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 15-20 minutes depending on how chewy you like your grains.

Done-zo. See, you're a Stoat! cooking wizard.

Photobucket
Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hiya! Love hearing from you... it's my fave.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...