1.06.2012

I do what I want & Peanut butter noodles

Pin It

It's my favorite time of the week... Tofu Tuesday!

I realize it's Friday, but it's my blog and I do what I want.

And you see, this way you'll have the perfect recipe for when Tofu Tuesday rolls around next week.
That is if you love peanut butter. If not, all I have to say is, I don't know what's wrong with you and I'm not sure we can be friends. 

Peanut Butter Tofu Noodles
(But first a quick story) 

Sweet's New Year's Day PB Noodles
  

You might by now be aware that I have committed myself to a season of vegan eating. If not click here, and I will explain. When I made this decision I fully expected this was a mission I would be undertaking solo. The response I expected from my loved ones was along the lines of, "Cool, you crazy lady. Have fun with that."

However, Sweets (my bf) after some initial resistance, a few inquiries as to how to maintain 'huge-ness' on  Earthfoods alone, and the discovery that Bob Burnquist (super skateboarder guy) along with many other athletes were vegan and performed, not only decently, but better for it... he was all in.

Miss M (my daughter) declared, "I want to be vegan too! But there's no way I'm giving up tacos."


At any rate, I'm super stoked that I have some partners to embark on this new food adventure with. It definitely makes it more fun.

So here is what Sweet's made on January 1st. His very first day in the Season of Vegan challenge.
Unfortunately, I was unable to partake in the deliciousness due to the Thai Food Chunk blowing I partook in the night before.

I think I will make it this weekend while Sweet's is off on his skiing/hiking adventure in the Rockies (*jealous*) My other plan for the weekend is to work on taking less suckier pictures so that your viewing experience here on The Earthfood Experiment may be more enjoyable. Wish me luck.

What new adventure will you find this weekend?

Recipe for Sweet's PB noodles:

TOFU. BELL PEPPERS. JALAPENO. PB. RICE VINEGAR. SOY SAUCE. COCONUT MILK. RICE NOODLES

First make Sweet's Perfect Tofu. (It has a firm Paneer (Indian cheese) like texture. I love it.)

Take a block of extra firm tofu. Place on a plate with paper towels underneath and on top. Put another plate on top. Weight it with something heavy. Such as the pumpkin left over from Halloween that's still sitting on your counter in January, your cast iron skillet, or your 4 month old.
Let it hang out for 30 minutes. Then cut tofu into biggish chunks, place on baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, season with salt, and bake in 400 degree oven for 35 minutes.

While tofu is baking, saute' a sliced bell pepper and chopped jalapeno in a skillet with some oil until tender. Add 3 T soy sauce, 3 T rice vinegar, 1/2 C peanut butter, and 1/2 C coconut milk (or water if you don't have any) warm through and serve over tofu and rice noodles (these are SUPER easy to make. Just soak in warm water until soft)

Peace and Love, 
Chandra Nicole

Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hiya! Love hearing from you... it's my fave.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...