11.16.2011

What ever would we do without friends?

Pin It
As many of you know, I have been working towards saving to pay for Life Coaching School with Martha Beck.. that's why I haven't been around to blog much.

This is one of my very greatest desires, but it is a rather significant amount of money for me at this juncture in my life. Little did I know, some angels in my life have been conspiring to do what they can to make this my reality.

My good friend Michelle, (who has an absolutely fabulous blog called Dust & Wanderlust which you must check out) took it upon herself awhile back to contact Martha Beck directly imploring (that's her word, I swear!) her to help me attend her school.

Martha's team replied promptly with a scholarship application, which if I were selected for, would cover half of my tuition! Additionally, two more special people in my life wrote recommendation letters for me... the best boyfriend on the face of the planet. Mine!! Often times referred to as Justin, or Sweets if you're me... and also my really great friends, and business partners Sean & Kristi Payton, owners of Payton Woodcraft.

How lucky am I to have such amazing people in my life?!

In addition, I was required to write a 750 word essay, which I have shared with you below. Thank you sososososo much for hanging with me at the Earthfood Experiment, and for your patience along my journey. I am in the midst of revamping and redesigning both this blog and my Chandra Nicole blog, and will be relaunching them both in the upcoming weeks. I'm so very excited! I have some fantastic ideas and can't wait to share them with you!!


Peace & Love,
Chandra Nicole


Dear Martha,
As I sat down to write this I was overcome with emotion. Tears and chills flooded my body. This is a typical reaction for me when it comes to the matter of helping people.

What followed was a whole lot of typing, deleting, rearranging, rewriting, and intermittent forehead smacking.  No matter the words I used or the arrangement I placed them in, they just would not do justice the passion I feel for assisting the lost souls of this world in finding self-love. I mean, this is the key to world peace for Pete’s sake!!  How do I possibly sum up the importance of this or what I know to be my role in it, in so few words?

In my teens I often joked that when I grew up I would be a slutty lounge singer by night, and a motivational speaker by day. I have not realized the night portion of my prophecy (although I’m a rock star in my car), and I do not yet address the masses, but I do often speak to those in my life about the fact that happiness comes from within, and also the importance of loving and believing in one’s self. I just don’t think it’s possible to love others and the world around you fully without unconditional love for your own self.

I know this because I spent many years engaged in the activity of self-loathing. I was expecting the world, the people, and the things around me to make me happy. In my early 20’s I had a house with land in a nice town, with a nice school for my daughter, and nice neighbors, I drove a nice car, wore nice clothes, I was successfully self-employed with a nice clientele, and was engaged to be married to a nice guy.

I had created a life for myself that was all very... nice.

Much to my dismay, I found myself to be discontented. It wasn't full blown unhappiness (not at first anyways. I ultimately ended up creating supreme unhappiness for myself by ignoring my inner promptings, which is a whole other 750 word story) I could feel this stirring in my soul, which was whispering to my heart, "there just HAS to be more than this" I ignored this Soul Stirrer with it's Heart Whisper time and time again, but those little suckers are determined. They're like sneaky crime fighters... the crime being blatant ignoring of intuition. No matter how deep down I shoved them, they would always find their way back, Karate chopping and Kung Fu fighting their way into my heart until finally they were undeniable. It was during these years that I discovered my passion for helping people dust off their dreams. I knew for a fact that I would be involved in this field in some way, shape, or form.


Ever since then I have been honing my own self love through near constant inner reflection and reading of any personal growth/spiritual materials I could get my hands on, combined with much stumbling and lesson learning.

I recently ran across this journal entry of mine from almost 4 years ago:

 “I believe that my journey thus far has been setting me up for my life’s work; Guiding those who feel lost, who feel a tug deep down in the depths of their soul. Wanting to live a full, meaningful life. Struggling to be the best that they can be, but not knowing where to begin.
My passion and work will be to help these people if they so desire. To aid them in digging up and clearing out the muck that we acquire the first part of our lives, so as to expose the true self.

I hope to be a beacon for the sacredness of each individual's truth.

I feel that when you catch wind of what that is for yourself and then act on it... that’s when you find inner peace.”

This was written years before I discovered you. When I began reading your work only 8 months ago, I knew immediately that I had found my home, my people. Your coaching school is where I want to be to continue my self-work, so that I may be able to help people to the best of my abilities. I will be joining you at some point in time. This I know for certain. However a scholarship would make this a much quicker reality for me.


Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hiya! Love hearing from you... it's my fave.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...