6.16.2011

The 3 Ingredient Week Continues...

Pin It
Red Curry Glazed Salmon with
Bok Choy & Pineapple Slaw
(Once again... recipes from Real Simple. The Magazine)

I'm back again with yet another evening's worth of 3 ingredient food. This is from supper last night and features a couple of my personal faves... Salmon and fresh pineapple. Heavenly. 

Red Curry Glazed Salmon
  • 1 T. Thai Red Curry Paste
  •  1 tsp. brown sugar 
  • 1 lb Salmon fillets
Mix together the curry paste, brown sugar, 1 T olive oil, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper. Spread on top of salmon fillets. Broil until opaque in the middle.
I think the best way to eat Salmon is medium to medium-rare. It tastes WAY better under cooked than over cooked. I broiled these fillets, which were about an inch thick, for 8 minute and they came out medium.


Serve on top of  Bok Choy & Pineapple Slaw
freshly washed bok choy


 This was the first time I've ever made anything with Bok Choy. I'm trying to remember whether I had ever actually even eaten Bok Choy before this, but am having a hard time recalling. I'm sure I had, but maybe didn't realize it. At any rate... I have come to 2 conclusions about Bok Choy




  1.  I really like to say 'Bok Choy'. It feels good in my mouth... almost like chewing.
  2.  I was pleasantly surprised by the combo of Bok choy, cilantro, and pineapple (the 3 ingredients of this salad). This slaw was light and fresh. Slightly salty and slightly sweet. 

Perfect for a hot summer day :) 

Here are the specs: finely slice a head of bok choy and a whole fresh pineapple. Toss with a bunch of chopped fresh cilantro (about 1 Cup), 3 T. olive oil, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper. 
Let sit about 15 minutes before serving so that the flavors can combine and get all juicy and de-lish. 

Peace & Love, 
Chandra Nicole

Best Blogger Tips

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...