5.04.2011

Mmm, Mmm, Hummus

Pin It
Now that I have legumes coming out of my ears, I'm making all things chickpeas and black beans.

It so happens, I just made some of the best hummus I believe I may have ever tasted, and now I MUST share. If you are a hummus lover as I am... you have got to try this. It sweet and spicy and wicked delicious!

I give you...

ROASTED RED PEPPER HUMMUS... aaaaahhhhhhhhh



I was, literally, licking the food processor blades after I made this. I couldn't get it into my face fast enough... safe, I know.

This is how the magic happened:

2 Cups Chickpeas (soaked and cooked, or canned), 3 roasted red peppers – skin removed, 3 T lemon Juice, 1 ½ T. Tahini, 1 clove garlic – minced, ½ tsp. cumin, ½ tsp. cayenne, ½ tsp. salt, 2 tsp. parsley flakes

Combine all ingredients in food processor.


Drizzle in some olive oil until desired consistency.
Disclaimer - this hummus is pretty zippy. If you are not a fan of heat I would recommend cutting the cayenne in half. Also, don't cut your tongue on the food processor blade. I found this on allrecipes.com
Check out these other variations of roasted red pepper hummus on:

Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hiya! Love hearing from you... it's my fave.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...