5.04.2011

Sweet's w-Rap... aka kitchen experiment #1

Pin It
I'm almost done talking about beans for awhile... promise.

But first, I had to fulfill a request made by my lab assistant/boyfriend, Sweets. (refer to the page 'My Peeps' up top, for further clarification)
The requirements were as follows:
red pepper hummus, black beans, roasted vegetables, wrap
The result was:

Sweet's w-Rap


 

Here's what's in this BAD BOY:

Start with a wrap... obviously. I chose muilti-grain, mmm nutty.
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus (See post 'Mmm, Mmm, HuMmmus')
A couple slices of provolone or mozzerella
Black beans that you have lovingly canoodled... or bought in a can (see posts 'Playing with Beans' & 'The Great Bean Debate') I smashed my beans slightly and seasoned with garlic salt, lemon juice, and cumin.
Roasted veggies - I used zucchini, acorn squash, sweet onion, and grape tomatoes. I cut everything into bite sized pieces, sliced up 4 cloves of garlic, drizzled it all with olive oil, cracked some pepper and sea salt over the whole deal, and baked at 400 for 40 min on the BEST stone pan EVER...
In all seriousness, I use this pan for everything. My favorite thing about it is I don't have to wash it (sounds gross, but it's not)... AND nothing ever sticks! Best $34 I ever spent. Give my friend Liz a holler... she'll hook you up.
After I assembled my wraps and rolled them up, I sprinkled them with some Parmesan and stuck'em back into a 325 oven for about 5 minutes.
THE END

Sweets and Debbi J. both gave this kitchen experiment a 4 on the suck-scale

(1 being the suckiest ever, 4 being the least suckiest thing possible :))

If you ask me... that makes the Sweet's w-Rap a WINNER.


Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hiya! Love hearing from you... it's my fave.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...