5.04.2011

Miss M's Chopped Ench-SA-ladas - aka Kitchen Experiment #2

Pin It
Miss M's request for this kitchen experiment... Chicken Enchiladas! To which I replied, "How about Enchilada salad!... this is the Earthfood Experiment after all!!"

Thus, The Ench-SA-lada was born. I DID promise her dessert afterwords... so be sure to see my idea for Un-Fried Ice Cream.

M's Chopped Ench-SA-lada

I decided to make this into kind of a "chopped salad", if you will.




So... I started by chopping up 4 Roma tomatoes, 4 green onions, and a big handful of Black olives.

I then cut up an entire head of Romaine lettuce, chopped the two together, and threw in a handful of cheese (I used a combo of Monterey Jack and Sharp Cheddar)

[caption id="attachment_197" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="More choppy choppy"]
I then tossed the salad with an Avocado Ranch Dressing I made from blending together 1 Cup Skim Milk, 1 packet of Hidden Valley Ranch Mix, and 1 Avocado (I did not use all of this dressing by the way... just a drizzle)
For the chicken mixture on top, I mixed together 1 can of chicken (because I'm lazy and not a fan of playing with raw chicken... eww, slimy), 1 Cup of black beans, 1 packet of lower sodium taco seasoning, and 1 can of enchilada sauce. Then warmed it through... a task which I skillfully completed with the aid of my microwave.
You could make this salad all veggie by doubling up on the beans and forgoing the chicken all together.
Top it with some crunchy tortilla strips (slice corn tortillas into strips and bake in 350 oven for 13-15 minutes)

smash.

I recommend following this lovely meal with the Mexican non-tradition of Un-Fried Ice Cream :)


Also, Swing in and say hi to Kitchen Experiment #3 aka... Japamediterexican


Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hiya! Love hearing from you... it's my fave.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...