1.07.2012

Sweet Potato Hummus

Pin It

 

In my efforts to get The Earthfood Experiment recipes organized and indexed for the new format (coming Monday!) this lovely hummus got kicked back up to the top from it's original post date last April. Since I have no way of putting it back where it belongs, here it shall remain. It really is some fantastic hummus. Man, I love hummus.


Maybe I'll make some tomorrow. I'm thinking Roasted Jalapeno & Lime... or Wasabi Edamame....  Mmmmmm...



If you do not own a food processor, I highly recommend you invest in one if only for the purpose of making hummus.
If you love hummus even a fraction of the amount I do it will pay for itself in no time. The stuff you buy in the store is expensive and not all that flavorful anyways if you ask me. So, why not make your own?


Here's what you will need:
 SWEET POTATOES. CHICKPEAS. LEMON. TAHINI. OLIVE OIL. CUMIN. GARLIC. 

Put into your food processor 2 large sweet potatoes that have been peeled and cooked. I cooked mine in a microwave steamer with some water for about 10 minutes.


Also add 1 can of chickpeas (drained and rinsed), juice of 1 lemon, 1/4 C. tahini, 2 T. olive oil, 2 tsp. cumin, 1 clove of minced garlic, Salt & Pepper to taste.

Give it a whirl, adding up to 2 T. of water to reach your preferred hummus consistency. I like mine kind of thick and a little bit gritty, so I added only 1 T.

Sprinkle with some paprika before serving, and...
That's it.
Easy, Peasy lemon squeazy (literally)
EAT UP & ENJOY!
(Sweet's claims he can't tell a difference between this and the Roasted Red Pepper Hummus... I think he's crazy.)

    Best Blogger Tips

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Hiya! Love hearing from you... it's my fave.

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...