1.08.2012

Chocolate Pancakes with Maple-Coconut Cream

Pin It

Is this dessert or breakfast? I can't tell.
All I know is that they were stupid good... even cold.


I adapted this from a red velvet pancake recipe that I found here (my new fave dessert blog). And then was struck with the idea for Maple-Coconut Cream to slather over the top!! Genius? I know, thank you. 

Were you aware the only thing that makes red velvet red, is food coloring? Otherwise, it's pretty much just chocolate cake? I did not know this. I'm not much of a baker though. You're probably saying to your computer, duh, Chandra. Everyone knows that.

When Miss M and I were making these pancakes we added said food coloring which we SWORE you couldn't even see... however, now that I'm looking at the picture they definitely appear to have a red-ish tint. I will probably just leave it out next time. 

Here's what you will need for this chocolatey coconuty breakfast (or dessert):

LITE COCONUT MILK. SHREDDED COCONUT. MAPLE SYRUP. WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR. OAT BRAN. BAKING POWDER. COCOA POWDER. VANILLA. ALMOND MILK. BROWN SUGAR.

In small saucepan stir together 1/2 C lite coconut milk, 2 T shredded coconut, and 1 T real maple syrup. Simmer over medium heat while making pancakes, or until thickened. 

In small bowl, mix together 1/4 C flour, 2 T oat bran, 1/2 tsp plus 1/8 tsp baking powder, 1/8 tsp salt, 2 T cocoa powder, 1/2 tsp. vanilla, 1/3 C almond milk, 2 T brown sugar. 

Cook on skillet over med-low heat in typical pancake cookin' style.

Slather with Maple Coconut cream. Put 2 in face immediately. Leave last 2 on the counter while you shower and get ready for the day. Eat remaining cold cakes before leaving the house.

Be sure to try Maple Applesauce Pancakes as well. We made these the same morning as the Chocolate pancakes! Hey, you can do that when each recipe only makes 4 pancakes. I love it. 

Peace & Love, 
Chandra Nicole


Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hiya! Love hearing from you... it's my fave.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...