2.16.2012

Homemade Chocolate Protein Bars

Pin It

We like protein bars around my place because they're easy, quick, 
& portable nutrition. 
However, I don't like the sticker price... nor do I like the oftentimes included 'mystery ingredients' 

Here's a super simple, much cheaper way to make them yourself.

P.S. They taste good too. 


You will need:
DATES. PROTEIN POWDER. COCOA POWDER. NUTS. 
WATER (you have that right?)

~ Into your food processor goes... 10 oz pitted dates, 1/2 C. vanilla protein powder (we use dairy free), 1/4 C. plus 1/8 C. cocoa powder, and 3 T. water. Whirl until mixed. 
Super Nummy Chocolatey Protein Bars.

~ Add 1 & 1/2 Cups nuts/seeds of choice. I used 1 C. cashews and 1/2 C. sunflower seeds. Whirl until incorporated. 

~ You can then smash this down evenly into a square baking pan, then cut into 8 bars... 
or if you're me, dump it on the counter and form it into a somewhat even squarish shape and then cut. I wrap them individually in foil and store in the fridge.

These are a killer cure for a chocolate craving. Just sayin.
Photobucket
Best Blogger Tips

4 comments:

  1. This is a good idea. I am always looking for fast, portable snacks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn't really be faster... make a double or triple batch, and in 10 minutes and you got yourself a family-sized stack of bars for the whole week :)

      Delete
  2. Wow those look delicious! I am definitely making these this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Hiya! Love hearing from you... it's my fave.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...