1.10.2012

Stacked Tofu Enchiladas

Pin It

Often times on Tuesdays we eat tofu. And we call it Tofu Tuesday. 
Genius. 

Pictured: Up top on the right is Mary. She's my brother's ex-girlfriend, but I liked her so much I decided to just keep her as a friend for myself. Next to Mary is her sister Emily. She likes to drink wine. I like to drink wine. We get along well.  On the bottom right in the stirring action photo, is me with no make-up and work-out hair. And next to me is the infamous Sweets, working oh so hard at drinking Mountain Dew, watching sports, and pretend opening a jar of salsa.

This particular Tuesday was before the Season of Vegan began. That's why the cheesy goodness is occurring all up on top of this dish. It was yummy that way, but you could just as easily make it without the cheese (or with soy cheese, if that's your thing) and it would still be delectable. 

I totally lost the recipe for these, but it went something like this: 
(And really, you could just take this concept and make it your own... that's kind of what we did anyways) 
 

Cut up some vegetables into bite sized pieces. I believe we used sweet potatoes, regular potatoes, onions, and red bell peppers. Put them on a baking sheet. Cut extra firm tofu into similar sized pieces and place on another baking sheet. Drizzle the whole lot with olive oil and sprinkle with taco seasoning. Bake at 350 for 25ish minutes or until tender. 

Then you're gonna layer it all up like a lasagna in this order:
~ whole wheat tortillas
~ veggie/tofu mixture
~ spinach 
~ black beans
~ salsa (we used a fruity style salsa... but you could use whateva) 
~ repeat 

Top with cheddar/soy cheese if you like, and throw it back into the oven for  20 minutes or until heated through. 

I recommend topping with big buttery slices of avocado. Oh my word. 
Happy Tofu Tuesday!


Photobucket
Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hiya! Love hearing from you... it's my fave.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...