7.30.2011

The best-est BLT's. Ever.

Pin It

One of my favorite things about summer is the amazing produce and Farmer's Markets. Well, that's two things really... but at any rate, today Sweets and I were on a mission to make the best BLT's ever using only ingredients from the Farmer's Market. We almost succeeded. We found everything but lettuce, which we got at the supermarket on the way home.  We purchased the most beautiful ugly heirloom tomatoes (my first experience with these, which is surprising considering my life-long love affair with all things tomato), bacon straight from the farm,  a freshly baked loaf of cheddar cheese bread, and some sweet corn to eat with our sandwiches.



There is something about the Market that feels almost magical to me. I just absolutely adore it and this morning was no exception. I love the mouth-watering food smells, the gorgeous bouquets of flowers, the popping of kettle korn, and all the pretty colorful produce.

My favorite moment from this particular Saturday morning trip was something so insignificant, yet so entirely significant at the same time...

While Sweets was getting cash from the ATM, I found a little planter to sit on next to a young gentleman playing the guitar, along with a young lady playing the violin. As I sat there, I sipped on the most incredible iced soy chai latte, and I could hear Sweets singing along with the music while standing in line (which made me giggle) as I felt the heat of the sun on my face and shoulders... and despite the bustling activity around me, I felt as if I was encased in a bubble of stillness. Waves of peace and supreme contentment were washing over me, and it was in this moment that I experienced an ultimate knowing of
'this is it'.

This is what life is all about. These little moments and the enjoyment of the simple things in life. Although I have huge dreams that I actively work towards on a daily basis, it is not necessary to wait for them to come to fruition in order to be happy. Happiness is now. In these everyday moments. Happiness is in shopping for and making BLT's with someone you love. It really is as simple as that.


Hope this finds you having a great weekend enjoying the moments that make up your life. 
And, I highly recommend a Farmer's Market BLT. Ah-mazing.

Peace & Love, 
Chandra Nicole

Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hiya! Love hearing from you... it's my fave.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...