6.15.2011

More 3 Ingredient Recipes for you

Pin It
Portobello Quesadilla &
Corn and Avocado Salad


I am SO loving this whole 3 ingredient cooking thing. Here's what I made for supper for Miss M and myself last night.

Portobello Mushroom Quesadillas
  • 2 portobello Mushrooms - brush with olive oil, season with S&P, grill or broil 8-10 min on each side
  • Shredded pepper Jack cheese 
  • Tortillas (I used cheddar jalapeno because it's what I had on hand, but whole grain would be ideal)
Cut mushrooms into thin slices after cooked. Pile em' up on your tortilla and sprinkle with pepper jack. Then brush a skillet lightly with olive oil and brown up your quesadillas on each side (just like a grilled cheese sandwich)...  Or you could throw them on the grill for a few minutes.

This will make enough to feed 4 people. M and I had lots left over.

Serve it with Corn and Avocado Salad

Make this by simply cutting the corn from 3 ears of corn. The recipe called for it raw, but I
microwaved it for a few minutes just to soften slightly and release the flavors. Finely slice 2 green onions and chop up an avocado. Mix in with cooled corn, 1 T. olive oil and S&P to taste. 

Such a delicious and simple salad. I ate the leftovers for a bedtime snack :) 

(If you are going to be saving some of this for later, you might want to stir a little bit of lemon or lime juice to prevent the avocado from turning brown) 

Peace & Love, 
Chandra Nicole  
(P.S. Both of these recipes I found in Real Simple... one of my Fave Magazines)

Best Blogger Tips

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...