6.30.2011

Captain Soul Stirrer and his trusty side kick

Pin It
I apologize for being away from The Earthfood Experiment for so long. I feel like a bad mother. Like I have abandoned my child or something, but I assure you my absence is with purpose...

About 10 years ago, I found myself in a position possessing all the things I thought I had wanted, especially at the age of 23... a house with land in a nice town, with a nice school for my daughter, and nice neighbors, I drove a nice car, wore nice clothes, I was successfully self-employed with a nice clientele, and was engaged to be married to a nice guy.

I had created a life for myself that was all very... nice.

Much to my dismay, I found myself to be discontented. It wasn't a full blown unhappiness (not at first anyways. I ultimately ended up creating unhappiness for myself by ignoring my initial gut feelings... but that's a whole different story for a whole 'nother time!)
I could feel this stirring in my soul which was whispering to my heart, "there just HAS to be more than this, Chandra." I have ignored this Soul Stirrer with it's Heart Whisper time and time again, but those little suckers are determined. They're like little crime fighters... the crime being stagnation and the blatant ignoring of intuition. And no matter how deep down I shoved them, they would always find their way back, Karate chopping and Kung Fu fighting their way into my heart until finally they are undeniable.

So, this persistent little bugger that is my heart and soul led me down a path that, at this juncture, has left me feeling down right passionate about helping others to pursue those inner promptings that are often times so easy to ignore.


I had been casually perusing life coach programs over the last few years in between semi-ignoring Captain Soul Stirrer and his trusty side kick, but was never satisfied with the programs I was finding... until quite recently, I stumbled across the Martha Beck Life Coach training program. This lady shares the same philosophy and approach to life as I do. After some research, I knew that this is the program that will help me, to help others create what their heart and souls yearn for. The desire to train as a life coach has now turned into an overwhelming "must do it now" feeling.

I have noticed that when you feel something so strongly as I do about this, the powers that be lends itself to you, and ultimately provides you with what you need in order to create it in your life.  Quite suddenly, I have manifested the situations necessary for this to become my reality. For me, this means extra work to create the funds I need to take this course. So, i digress and return to apologizing for my lack of attention to "my baby" The Earthfood Experiment... I'm working my butt off! But, I'm okay with that because I know where it is taking me, and it is in the direction of my life's work. So, I hope you can bear with me. I promise to share my journey with you.

Now, the funny thing about this Martha Beck lady is that she has a column in Oprah magazine which I was entirely unaware of despite the fact that I read the darn thing. Which takes me back to earlier this morning.  As I was opening the envelope to renew my Oprah Magazine subscription a little insert listing Oprah's top ten 'What I Know For Sures' fell onto my desk and into my heart. It so closely mirrors my own philosophy on life that I just had to share with you.

Enjoy and have a beautiful day! 
Peace & Love, 
Chandra Nicole

Oprah's Top 10 'What I Know For Sures' :
  1. What you put out comes back. All the time. No matter what. 
  2. You define your own life. Don't let other people write your script. 
  3. Whatever someone did to you in the past has no power over the present. (Chandra's addition: NOTHING that happened in the past has power over you. period. It does not define you) Only you give it power. 
  4. When people show you who they are, believe them the first time. (A lesson from Maya Angelou)
  5. Worrying is wasted time. 
  6. What you believe has more power than what you dream, wish, or hope for. You become what you believe. 
  7. If the only prayer you ever say is "thank you" that will be enough. (From the German theologian and humanist Meister Eckhart)
  8. The happiness you feel is in direct proportion to the love you give. 
  9. Failure is only a signpost to turn you in another direction. 
  10. If you make a choice that goes against what everyone else thinks, the world will not fall apart.

Best Blogger Tips

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...