5.20.2011

What am I going to do with all these Eggs?!

Pin It
2 More Egg-y Dishes... Just for you. 

Spinach & Caramelized Onion Quiche (in Technicolor... again) 

The slice farthest from you is the Spinach Quiche. The other is Mediterranean quiche, which you can find a recipe for here.

This recipe I got from my Better Homes & Gardens cookbook, but adapted to be  lower calorie. 
It's super tasty, not to mention really easy to make.... and I am now newly addicted to quiche.

Here's what I did:

Butt-load of eggs!
Baked a Pie crust (store bought) at 450 for 10 minutes

In a skillet over med-low I cooked 1/2 C chopped sweet onion, 3 slices bacon (chopped), 3 cloves garlic & a drizzle of olive oil until onions were brown, caramel-y, and delicious.

In a bowl, I whisked together 5 eggs, 5 egg whites, 1/2 C fat-free sour cream, 1/2 C Fat-free half & half, 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp white pepper, dash nutmeg.

I then stirred in :
The cooked onion mixture, 3 Cups lightly packed and chopped fresh baby spinach, 1/2 C reduced fat mozzarella &1/2 C Swiss.

Bake at 325 for 45 minutes


I also made my first ever Frittata (recipe from my fave cookbook, Powerfoods). 
This is similar to a quiche, but does not have a crust or milk... which ultimately makes it very healthy. 


Mushroom and Scallion Frittata (no technicolor... sorry)

 ... AND even easier to make than Quiche.


Mix together 3 eggs, 3 egg whites, 1/4 C. cottage Cheese, 6 baby portabellas (thinly sliced), 4 scallions (chopped), S&P to taste.

Drizzle skillet (or if your skillet is dirty and you're too lazy to wash it, you can use a cake pan like me) with olive oil and cook egg mixture over medium until eggs are set - about 3-5 minutes
Broil for 5 minutes or until top is set and just starting to brown.

There it is... Healthy food that doesn't suck.

Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hiya! Love hearing from you... it's my fave.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...