5.10.2011

New Restaurant & New Sh*t Sunday

Pin It

New Restaurant

Check This Place Out.
Aura - Asian Fusion restaurant
My favorite weekend pastime is eating out. Sweets and I have a handful of fave dining establishments that get cycled through rather religiously. We prefer local restaurants as opposed to chain joints and become freakishly excited when we find a new place to eat that is not only unique to Lincoln, but amazing as well.

We were SO super impressed with Aura.The food was unique, yummy, and pretty to look at. The atmosphere and decor was clean, hip, and modern. And the service was impeccable.

We started with what we decided was probably the best spicy tuna roll we had ever had (and we eat a Crap-ton of sushi!)
(That shiny-ness was our table, by-the-way... crazy cool)


I had a Gorgonzola salad, which had sliced strawberries, slivered almonds, Gorgonzola, and balsamic vinaigrette.
Then I smashed the Vegetarian risotto and Sweets had some beef farafelle thing... I don't really know what it was called or how to spell it for that matter. But it was de-lish!
We ended our meal with a Chocolate Chai Cake that was kind of to-die-for. I forgot to take a picture though :(






(Disclaimer: Aura is attached to a Holiday Inn, but don't let that deter you ...it almost did us)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

New Sh*t Sunday

This is what I got on Sunday at Trader Joes...
I will be basing some of my kitchen experiments around these items this week. Except for the Wasabi Peas. Those are just a new snack that I tried. SO GOOD... especially if you desire clear sinuses.
(if you'd like to know what the hell New Shit Sunday is.... go here.)
Wasabi Peas, Edamame, and raw honey

Also on the experimentation list.... Sweet potatoes.
Stay Tuned!

Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hiya! Love hearing from you... it's my fave.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...