5.10.2011

The Lotus Flower

Pin It
I ordered this beautiful Lotus Flower necklace from my friends at Payton Woodcraft. They made it special for me, and I have been eagerly awaiting it's arrival in my mailbox for several days.

This is not about food, but the Lotus does grow from the earth, so there!



Now, I must say I am a lover of jewelry and high heeled shoes.... and all things pretty for that matter really. But this piece I am cherishing because the Lotus flower is so symbolic to me. Here is why:


The Lotus grows from the muck and dirt and grime far from the sun, but is seemingly unfazed by this fact. It still manages to make it's way to the surface of the water, reaching the light to become the most gorgeous, unblemished flower.


The seed of the Lotus contains perfectly formed little replicas of what they will become when the Lotus blooms.


Like the Lotus, unbeknownst to us on our journey towards light and understanding, we are inherently breathtakingly beautiful.



Perfect and whole just the way we are regardless of the hardships we have endured, or the murky and troubled pasts we may have sprung up from.Our true selves are waiting patiently, just shy of the peace which warmth and light brings, for us to become aware of this perfection. 

The moment we realize there is nothing wrong with us and we don't need to be fixed, is the moment we truly love ourselves.And, in loving ourselves we are free to love others and the world around us without placing conditions upon this love.

The red Lotus, in particular, symbolizes the original nature and qualities of the heart. Which are love, passion, and compassion.

And this is what I am thinking about today as this Lotus rests upon my chest.
(See! I can be serious sometimes!)

“Love is the great miracle cure. Loving ourselves works miracles in our lives.” - Louise Hay
“One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: that word is love.” -Sophocles
"I have found the paradox that if I love until it hurts, then there is no hurt, but only more love. -Mother Theresa


Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hiya! Love hearing from you... it's my fave.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...