5.04.2011

FamTime Face Food

Pin It
As per my mother's request, I am creating this post entitled FamTime Face Food... which quite simply means, food that I put in my face when gathering with the family on a sunny Sunday afternoon.

Retrospectively, I should have taken pics of the fam partaking in FamTime, but did not. I'm terrible at remembering to snap pictures, and when I do on occasionally get my my snap on, I often omit important body parts from photographs... such as loved ones heads. OR... you might notice the addition of my own finger. That being said however, I think I will make it my new blog resolution to take more pictures. HAPPY NEW BLOG!!

On with the food biz...

So, I made this pasta salad to take over to Debbi J's on Sunday (that's my Mom).

All I did was throw a bag of frozen cheese tortellini in some boiling water and cook as directed on the bag (which was only, like 3-4 minutes, i think), during the last minute of cooking, toss in a bunch of asparagus and a couple of yellow bell peppers (both cut into bite sized pieces)

Throw this simple dressing over the top:

1 1/2 tsp. shredded lemon peel, 1/3 C. lemon juice, 1/4 C. olive oil, 1 T. dijon mustard, 1 tsp. sugar, 1/4 tsp. salt, 1 clove garlic, minced

Before serving, stir in a handful each of grated Parmesan, chopped green onions, and toasted almonds.

Voila!!

This salad could be made significantly more nutritious by replacing the tortellini with whole grain pasta, and hey you could even throw in some grilled chicken if that's your thing and call it a complete summer meal!

I served this salad with a pumpernickel flute... only because I like to say "PUMPERNICKEL FLUTE"... and, did you know that there is cocoa in pumpernickel!? I just learned this on Sunday and was greatly excited because how could anything with chocolate be bad?

AND, did you know... that asparagus, in addition to being full of vision promoting Vitamin A, kidney supporting potassium, and some word I can't pronounce that actually minimizes skin damage from sun exposure....

It may also aid in the production of histamine, which is necessary for achieving orgasm! So, what are you waiting for ladies? (we know you men don't have issues with this) Go eat some friggin' asparagus. NOW.
(I'd like to give a shout out to my lady Betty Crocker for the recipe, and also to the Power Foods cook book for providing us with the INCREDIBLY useful asparagus knowledge)

Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hiya! Love hearing from you... it's my fave.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...