5.10.2011

consistently inconsistent

Pin It
I must admit, schedules are not something I'm good at adhering to and inconsistency is one of my most consistent qualities. much to the dismay of my mother, i have always been relatively fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants-ish, leaping from one whim to the next. 

this way of life is not conducive to undertakings such as, say... training for a marathon (which i have attempted to do twice, resulting only in "donations" in the form of unused race fees to the track club)...or writing a novel... or running a political campaign. (only because these are not my callings in life... but they may be yours!)

I am of the belief though, that if you continue to move yourself in the direction of what feels good and makes you happy, ultimately your life will unfold as that which it was meant to be.

Here's what I have been moved to do this week:

  • spend much needed time with my friends
  • read "The Happiness Project" (a book my friend Lindsay recommended)
  • work on my "vision book", which is basically a bucket list in picture form. I will talk about this more in a future series I have planned called Long & Wide... inspired by a Diane Ackerman quote:
"I don't want to get to the end of my life and find that I lived just the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well."

So, basically this is an apology for my lack of time spent in the kitchen this past week. I do have plans for a Cinco de Mayo extravaganza tomorrow, which you will not want to miss featuring:


                                                                 
                        * Mexican Pizza, build your own burrito bowls...
AND
*Virgin Margaritas









PLUS...Friday I will be exploring the Antipasto Platter & Red Wine which are Mediterranean "diet" must-haves, and also great for entertaining... in addition to being personal favorites of mine.

One last thing that I'm SUPER stoked for is "Fire & Heart" A new interview series in which we will be delving into what makes people passionate & fiery & moved to action... one of my very favorite things to talk about. 
First up will be Michelle from Dust & Wanderlust...

She's super hilarious, and super passionate, and I know you're just going to love her... so be sure to keep an eye out for that in the upcoming week!



Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hiya! Love hearing from you... it's my fave.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...