1.21.2012

Curry Cakes

Pin It
Several weeks ago my friend Lindsay and I had this little photo shoot for the redesign of The Earthfood Experiment.

The plan was for she and her Hubby to come over to mi casa for a little vino and Indian Grub post photo shoot with Sweets and I, in celebration of the relaunch of this blog.

I prepared a super tasty Cashew Vegetable Korma before the shoot, so that we could eat immediately afterward. To keep our Korma warm while we were away I put it in the crock pot, which I intended to set on warm in order to hold the temp.

What I actually did, however, was turn it on low instead. For those of you familiar with the sensational realm of crock pot cookery, you know that the low setting continues to cook the pot's contents. Three hours later upon our return, the veggie korma although tasty, was thoroughly smooshy. Since my friends are super kick ass good sports, they ate it anyways... and didn't even complain.

Here are the lovely pictures Lindsay took of our meal... 

Pictured above with the Korma are some Samosas I made as well...which I will share with you later


Luckily for me, left over smooshy curry makes for pretty incredible curry burgers, which I find to be less like a burger and more like a "crab cake" of sorts... hence the name curry cakes.  I made these ahead of time then wrapped each individually and froze, for super convenient lunches. I got this idea and the Korma recipe from one of my new fave food blogs, Post punk Kitchen. You can find the recipe for Cashew Vegetable Korma here.


For the Curry Cakes
This is what a curry cake looks like before it gets all dressed up
 Place into a food processor:

~ 1 1/2 Cups left over curry
~ 1/2 Cup left over baked tofu
~ 1 Can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
~ S&P to taste
~ Curry powder to taste
~ just enough whole wheat flour to make the  mixture not sticky, I used about 3 Tablespoons... but remember my curry was smooshy.

Give it a whirly until just blended. Form into six patties, place on a greased baking pan, and bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Flip and bake for an additional 20 minutes. Eat or freeze... your call.

To reheat from the freezer, let stand on counter until softened slightly. Then toss in a skillet with a drizzle of  olive oil. Cook until browned on both sides and heated through.

Fancy your cake up however your little heart desires...

Fancyfied Curry Cake
My heart desired a toasted pita pocket with spinach leaves, spread with Dijon mustard, and topped with jalapenos that I sauteed in a drizzle of olive oil with a minced clove of garlic and a palmful of dried onions.

Photobucket
Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hiya! Love hearing from you... it's my fave.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...