5.10.2011

kt's korner

Pin It
The most delicious healthy lasagna I have ever eaten.

So, it turns out that my inability to adhere to a schedule or regimen of any sort still reigns supreme. If you happened to have caught my post "Sergeant kt" you are already aware of the orders I was given by one of my bestie's who happens to be the most health conscious and disciplined individual i have ever met.

If not... let me recap:
  • I stuffed my face with sugary treats for all of winter, resulting in "bonus curves"
  • kt decided i needed to document my eating for 1 week, which she would then compile, composite, calculate, correlate... I don't really know what she was going to do with it actually.
  • Anyhoo... somehow this was all going to result in me being swimsuit ready by June.
  • I made it exactly 2 1/2 days before losing all track of everything that went into my mouth... oh well.
What I do know for sure though, is that I went over to her gorgeous little apartment the other day where she made me the MOST delicious healthy lasagna I have ever eaten in my life. I will get the specifics from her sometime in the very near future for you all to have, because you must make it. It's is seriously too yummy to be healthy.

Until then, here is the lasagna with a generalized list of ingredients:
  • Whole wheat lasagna noodles
  • ground turkey breast
  • eggplant
  • spinach
  • tomatoes
  • fat free ricotta
  • fat free cottage cheese
  • fat free parmesan
  • jalapenos
  • crushed red pepper flakes

I think that's it...This shiz is seriously de-lish .

And here is how kt ACTUALLY made this lasagna:
Thanks kt !!
  • Cook 1lb of 99% fat-free ground turkey with 1 medium sized diced eggplant. Mix with tomato basil marinara sauce, red pepper flakes, and fat-free cottage cheese.
  • In a separate bowl mix together fat-free ricotta cheese, chopped spinach leaves, and chopped jalapenos.
Layer cooked whole wheat noodles, turkey mixture, and ricotta cheese mixture twice, then sprinkle top lightly with fat-free mozzarella.
Bake in 350 degree oven until heated through and cheese is melted.
My first instinct would be to think that anything with this much fat-free cheese would be awful... but I assure you it is not.
ENJOY

Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hiya! Love hearing from you... it's my fave.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...